Heyland Finance are working alongside this growing niche retail organisation as they look to recruit an experienced standalone Accountant into their head office team in Widnes. In this autonomous and hands on role, you will be required to take responsibility for all elements of the company’s finance function from purchase and sales invoices through to monthly management accounts including VAT and other statutory returns.
- Data entry including Sales Ledger, Purchase ledgers, Bank Reconciliation
- Checking Purchase Orders to purchase invoices, reconciling supplier monthly statements to Sage.
- Checking and chasing aged debtors
- VAT Return preparation and Reconciliation using Sage.
- Accounts to trial balance.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Forms P11D and PSA Settlement
- Sage Payroll
- Managing supplier payments
Required Attributes / Experience
- Previous experience in a hands on and diverse finance role
- AAT/CIMA qualified or part qualified or qualified by experience
- Previous experience with Sage accounting software
- Intermediate Excel Skills
- Ability to work autonomously and hit deadlines
- Strong communication skills