Accounts Clerk – Purchase Ledger FTC
I am currently recruiting for an experienced accounts / purchase ledger clerk to join the finance team of a company based near to Wrexham. The position is a long term, 12 month, contract position which will be reviewed towards the end of the contract. The role will be mostly high volume purchase ledger duties with some sales ledger cover and ad hoc finance duties
The successful candidate will have minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role and be able to start a new role at the start of December.
Hours – 8.30am – 5pm
Holidays – 28 + bank holidays
Brief Description / Purpose of the function:
To maintain and operate the day to day activities of purchase ledger, such as:
- Maintenance and upkeep of supplier information.
- Capturing supplier documentation to the finance system.
- Ensuring that the authorisation process is administered correctly.
- Resolving ledger queries by phone/email with suppliers.
- Scheduling supplier BACS payments.
- Assisting with Month End processing.
- Reconciling supplier statements.
- Sales ledger cover as and when
- Ad-hoc analysis of supplier information.
- Ad hoc finance duties
This position will suit someone who has the following personal qualities
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative when needed
- Able to work to strict time lines
- Good Written and Oral Communication Skills.
- Good IT skills excel etc
- Flexibility especially at the busy times when extra hours may be required
- Self-directed with a high degree of self-motivation
- High attention to detail
If you feel you have the necessary skills please apply to be considered for the shortlist.