Heyland Recruitment are working alongside this highly successful independent organisation within a specialist construction and engineering sector as they look to recruit an experienced and driven Accounts Manager to join their head office team on the outskirts of Irlam.
Reporting directly to the Directors, the Accounts Manager will be responsible for:
- Establishing and executing internal controls over the company’s accounting and financial procedures, including implementing monthly management accounts reporting (currently quarterly).
- Preparing financial statements and monthly and quarterly accounts from Sage Line 50 – Reporting to Company Secretary and Managing director
- Monthly reconciliations of Sage Line 50 accounting software including tracking job retentions and applications and reconciling inter-company balances
- Responsible for ensuring that all accounting allocations are appropriately made and documented, including inter-company transactions
- Responsible for the sales ledger including raising applications and sales invoices
- Overseeing accounts assistant with purchase ledger entries
- Oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash disbursements, payroll and bank reconciliation functions.
- Keeping cash flow reports updated and accurate
- Monthly CIS submissions
- Preparing VAT returns
- Job costing
- General processing and posting of journals
- Liaising with External Accountants
- P11 D – Responsible for coordinating with external tax accountants for income tax preparation. This includes keeping company records organized and readily available for examination.
- Provide accurate information to enable the payroll to be run in a timely manner
- Liaise with the accountants in a timely manner to ensure a quick turnaround of year end accounts
Required Experience / Attributes
- AAT Qualified or CIMA / ACCA part qualified with demonstrable experience
- Ideally experience within the construction industry
- CIS experience
- A self-starter who can use their initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team