Accounts Payable Manager
I am currently recruiting for an AP Manager to join an outstanding organisation in Wrexham. An experience people manager, you will work closely with the UK Finance Manager through a period of impressive growth and across a range of projects.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Manage performance and development of your team including Objectives setting, completion of Performance Reviews and creation of Development Plans.
- Provide development and coaching opportunities.
- Maintain a robust AP function by ensuring that there is back-up and cover for all tasks. E.g. using training matrices. Organise training and put in place periodic job rotation.
- Operate controls to ensure work volume and quality is of the required level.
- Create and foster a culture of Teamwork, Customer Focus and Continuous improvement
- Report the performance of the Accounts Payable team vs the Service Level Agreement as well as the Purchase to Pay Process through the creation and analysis of KPIs
- Seek formal and informal Customer feedback and support the periodic review of the Service Level Agreement
- Support month-end closing process where required. Act as conduit between AP and Accounting on senior AP matters
- Review and approve monthly Purchase Ledger reconciliation. Present to Accountants as part of consolidated monthly Balance Sheet review
- Proactively manage, chase and escalate any invoices that are in discrepancy (Blocked, Error) through to conclusion
- Lead and drive problem-solving activities with Purchase to Pay (P2P) Process Lead, Purchasing, Super Users and high volume users to identify, log and prioritise problem areas. Develop and execute process improvement plans
- Participate in/ lead any local or global projects in relation to primary areas of expertise and involvement in implementation projects for future geographic expansion
Qualifications & Experience:
- High level of expertise in Accounts Payable and Purchase-to-Pay processes and associated controls.
- Team Management/Supervision and organisational skills
- A High level of competency in SAP and Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of Financial Accounting processes
- An additional European language would be beneficial but not essential
- Shared Service Centre experience would be beneficial
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Strong process mindset
- Salary negotiable up to £35k DOE
- Extensive benefits package including Death in Service and Private Healthcare