Assistant Commercial Accountant
Heyland Finance are working exclusively alongside a Warrington based manufacturing and wholesale business as they look to recruit an Assistant Accountant to join their growing finance team. This multimillion £ turnover organisation has a strong international presence and following a prolonged period of growth they are looking to add a talented and driven Assistant Accountant to their head office team in Warrington.
As part of the commercial finance team the Assistant Accountant will be commercially focussed, with a main remit to support the ambitions of the wider business. You will be working closely with a senior Accountant and will benefit from an opportunity to be exposed to a diverse range of tasks and experiences to aid your development and progression.
- Production of daily and monthly sales and profit reports.
- Analysis of carriage and packaging costs for the business and support Commercial and Operations team in optimizing spend.
- Reporting and analysis of product returns.
- Reporting and analysis of Project sales.
- Analysis of production costs for internally made products.
- Be a “super-user” of the Sales BI system and a point of contact and support to the sales organisation
- Supporting the Senior Commercial Accountant in the production of strategic analysis, board reports and presentations.
- Supporting the Senior Commercial Accountant and Sales team in product pricing and maintenance of pricing information.
- Supporting the Senior Commercial Accountant in preparation of commercial analysis and acting as a finance business partner
Required Skills & Experience
- Confident individual with excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to build strong relationships with a range of key business stakeholders.
- The ability to take direction or act on own initiative
- A willingness to learn and desire to develop themselves.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work to and improve processes.
- A good level of Commercial awareness
- Experience working in a Finance environment
- Strong Excel skills