My client is a fast growing global creative business. A world leader in their field, they are entering a period of sustained growth including acquisitions and significant investment in new cutting edge technology.
The company’s reputation for investment in its people and technology is exemplary and their client base represents a wide range of first class businesses from start-ups through to major global brands.
This is a newly created role and the successful applicant will support the company’s commercial decision making by forming strong relationships across the business and providing internal reporting and insightful MI analysis. The role will involve a significant amount of report generation to set up new and meaningful reports for senior stakeholders as well as more ad-hoc project work.
The postholder will report directly to the Financial Controller and there will be significant progression opportunities for the successful candidate.
- Create and manage KPI packs for presentation to the directors and operations board as part of the monthly reporting process
- Create and manage reports looking at financial performance
- Work with the management team to add a commercial finance focus to decision making
- Regular analysis of the performance of the business, providing commentary on trends, and driving value added insight about how the business can react or adapt to these trends
- Be instrumental in transitioning the business from one which relies on excel spreadsheets to management reporting through data visualisation tools
- Business partnering with the data team to ensure data is robust enough to support senior stakeholders in their forecasting, budgeting and strategic decision making
- Provide information and insight to senior stakeholders in sales, marketing, IT, product and operations to help support their decision making
- Be a key stakeholder for the migration to a new cloud based accounting system
- Qualified or Part qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
- Strong reporting, financial modelling and management information skills are essential
- Advanced Excel user
- Scope to develop and progress beyond current role
- An excellent academic record
- Excellent communicator
- Strong personality with the ability to inspire confidence and influence others
- Highly commercially astute
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills and willingness to get involved personally
- A team player who involves and engages others to achieve results
- Driven, focused and ambitious
- Inclusive and collaborative leadership style
- Strong planning skills
- A self-starter who can carve a role for themselves in the business, independently find areas for delivering value to the business and execute on them
Salary -£35,000 – £45,000