I am currently recruiting for a Finance Analyst to join a very successful business on the outskirts of Chester. Reporting to the Finance Manager you will work closely with key stakeholders in the business to create costing solutions across a number of departments, add value across the piece and formulate commercial proposals to impact the P&L.
Duties will include:
- Create detailed financial reports and modelling across the business
- Formulate viable proposals based on open book, tariffs and hybrid commercial arrangements as appropriate.
- Quantify the benefits of new business when integrated into existing operations.
- Investigate ‘what-if’ scenarios and evaluate financial risks of proposals.
- Generate documents and presentation materials to support bids.
- Effectively communicate finance models and commercial proposals at internal bid reviews.
- Attend customer meetings to present commercial aspects of proposals and answer finance-related questions as required.
- Work with the larger finance team to create the accurate weekly costings for the new business won and existing customer base.
- Ad-hoc projects as required
Qualifications & Experience:
- Part / newly qualified accountant with experience in industry in a similar role
- High-level knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Attention to detail and analytical approach.
- Experienced in general accounting practices.
- Questioning and enquiring approach with a real desire to seek out new methods that will allow more efficient provision of accurate financial data.
- Comfortable working individually and as part of a team, sharing knowledge and improvement ideas for the benefit of the Company and its staff.
- Hard working and flexible, with a strong commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Good communicator at all levels up to and including Operational Managers and Directors, customers, suppliers and other internal staff.
- Ability to coach and mentor at different levels within the Company, to provide an understanding of finance to non –finance staff.
- Willingness to learn about the Company and industry with a desire to excel and develop
- £30-38k DOE
- Free car parking
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Due to the location of this role it would be beneficial for you to have your own transport (commutable from Cheshire, Wrexham and North Shropshire)