Health and Safety Officer
I am delighted to be supporting my client who are a specialist Manufacturing Business in their search for a Health & Safety Officer to be based at their offices in Crewe.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director you will be responsible for:
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental legislation – taking appropriate action when this is not the case.
- Driving cultural change and raising HSE awareness across the site.
- Develop, monitor and implement the companies Health, Safety & Environmental policies.
- Management and implementation of the Integrated Management System, ensuring it operates to 9001, 14001 and 45001 standard.
- Develop and implement the fire and emergency preparedness safety strategy.
- Production, implementation and review of Safe Systems of Work (i.e. Isolations, Risk Assessments, Permit to Work).
- Conducting regular site audits, safety observations and safety inductions.
- Maintaining the RAMS register, ensuring RAMS are in place and reviewed regularly for a range of activities at the site.
- Ensuring all HSE training requirements are fulfilled – hosting training and toolbox talks when required.
- Completing accident, incident and near miss investigation reports.
- Liaising with external organisations and regulatory authorities (HSE/EA/Cheshire Fire etc.) – coordinating audits and closing remedial actions as required.
- Managing environmental waste management aspects, including: usage, recycling, hazardous waste and reporting.
- Maintain the COVID secure working environment.
Essentially you will have the following:
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent (as a minimum)
- IEMA Certificate or equivalent (preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a HSE role
- Proven experience of working within a manufacturing or chemical setting
- Strong knowledge and awareness of Health & Safety legislation (specifically: DSEAR, PUWER, LOLER, Fire, COSHH, COMAH)
- Good experience of ISO14001, 9001 & 45001 Management Systems
- Demonstrable experience of managing HSE budgets, driving cultural change and delivering against key HSE objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full UK Driving license
This is a fantastic role working amongst an impressive peer group. Please apply for this role with your CV, if you have any questions please contact Helen Berry on 07870 607723.