Interim Commercial Analyst
Job Reference: DK/0131
Heyland Finance has recently been engaged by our client; a large Manufacturing Group based in East Lancashire as they look to bring on a Commercial Analyst on a contract basis to cover a period of maternity leave. The successful candidate will support the Head Of Commercial Finance, working together with finance and non-finance department heads, you will have a direct impact on business-critical, strategic decision making.
Key Factors of Impact;-
- Manage and maintain the Site’s costing and pricing systems, having a direct impact on the commercial viability and profitability of the site
- Provide analytical support and innovative solutions to current business processes and systems
- Assist with implementing auditable commercial controls and ensure best practice is aligned to the Commercial Excellence programme.
Duties include but are not limited to;-
- Providing accurate quotations to customers in a timely manner.
- Balancing margin enhancement with other business needs and customer expectations.
- Management of costing parameters and transactional data
- Manage the process for price change requests including recording, signing off and review.
- Maintaining good working relationships with internal and external customers; Merchants, Design, Planning.
- Ensuring internal trackers for margin enhancement and controls for price setting are maintained and regularly reviewed and challenged.
- Invoice Checking and Entered Costings to be reviewed weekly to ensure accuracy.
Key Skills and Attributes;-
- A high level of commercial and business acumen
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- The ability to interact and communicate at all levels
- The ability to plan, manage time and prioritise workload effectively
- A pro-active and flexible approach
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working within a commercial role, ideally within a fast paced FMCG, Logistics or Retail environment. You will be experienced with the costing and pricing process, along with in depth margin analysis.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience stated then please apply to be considered for the shortlist, alternatively contact Dave Kissack directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.