Heyland Recruitment are working exclusively with a large, international and market leading business as they look to appoint a competent and experienced Management Accountant. Reporting to the Financial Controller and working within a busy accounts function, the requisition for additional resource is a direct result of an increased workload.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the smooth and timely running of the monthly close cycle across the group
- Preparation of management accounts, providing full commentary and analysis
- Update accruals and prepayments spreadsheets.
- Delivery of the month end balance sheet reconciliations
- Working with the wider finance team to ensure the group and operating subsidiaries comply with applicable to accounting standards
- Contribute to the annual budgeting and reforecasting process through preparation of budgets and submissions to Group
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual statutory and quarterly regulatory reporting obligations of the group
- Submission of VAT return in line with HMRC guidelines
- Work with external and internal audit to ensure all audit requirements are met in accordance with the timetables of the European entities
- Be proactive to identify opportunities to streamline and improve current processes
- Assist in design and embedding of additional accounting controls
Working as part of a busy, friendly and supportive business unit, the Management Accountant will gain immediate exposure of working with a range of internal and external stakeholders. You will be given full autonomy to work collaboratively with all areas of the business, identifying areas of improvement and implementing / improving existing processes.
The ideal candidate will be a confident, technically competent Qualified Management Accountant with an inquisitive approach, excellent time management and experience of presenting financial information to senior management. Candidates that have worked in a larger business and have used an ERP system and Excel to an advanced level will be of particular interest.
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000