Procurement Manager, North Wales, Permanent, £50,000 – £60,000 plus excellent benefits.
I am delighted to be supporting my client in North Wales who are looking for a Procurement Manager in a newly created role.
As Procurement Manager your role is to develop and implement the procurement strategy, processes and initiatives to ensure they have a robust, cost effective and high quality output supplier base, which guarantees continuity of supply and meets company objectives. Additionally you will provide a first class procurement service ensuring that you maintain a competitive advantage in the commodity supply chain for products. Some key responsibilities include:
- Manage key commodity supplier contracts adhering and developing buying principles to ensure supply chain teams have the quantity and quality raw materials they need to operate at the maximum efficiency whilst balancing stockholding costs
- To develop and implement sustainable sourcing strategies and knowledge of supply chains to support both the business and brand objectives
- Negotiate and implement complex commercial contracts, often these are over one-year duration and involve variables such as capital expenditure, quality and service parameters
- Identify a programme of quality improvement and cost saving initiatives and project manage those through the business to enhance profitability and consumer value
- Act as functional lead on Project Teams to implement NPD, you will be responsible for identifying potential suppliers, 3rd party leading the evaluation and tendering process, awarding business and managing the business communication links and negotiations involving the supplier. You will have the primary responsibility for the chosen supplier’s delivery of the project
- Manage supplier service relationships
- Work with wider group procurement and supply chain network to share learnings and develop the group capability
Essentially you must have an excellent understanding and proven ability to utilise professional procurement processes including tender, contract development, benchmarking, SLAs and risk assessments. You will be a skilled negotiator, adept at managing complex negotiations and commercially astute in doing so. You will have an excellent understanding of sourcing methodologies particularly in international globally disparate supply chains involving commodities. You will have good knowledge of food manufacturing, product development processes and supply chain management. You will have an interest and knowledge of sustainability issues and how they affect business issues end to end. Experience of working within Project Teams an the management of multiple projects and works steams is essential. A self-starter with integrity who can build processes, relationships and trust so can deliver without the need for excessive supervision.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, self-starting professional who is seeking a genuine opportunity to make a genuine impact by helping develop both a growing business, a brand and themselves.
Please apply for this role with your CV. If you have any questions please contact Helen Berry on 07870 607723.