I am delighted to be supporting my client in North Wales who are looking for a Production Manager. As Production Manager you will report into the Site Manager and is responsible for the day to day running of the production lines in the most effective way with minimal downtime while maintaining a safe working environment for all staff.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- To meet the daily production plan and to accurately report on issues and successes.
- Deal effectively with any people management related issues for direct reports including time keeping, absence and performance in line with company guidelines with ensure consistency.
- To drive the night-shift hygiene tasks to ensure that standards and cleaning targets are met and all documentation is completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Managing investigations related to process and employee relations issues.
- Ensuring quality control procedures are being followed by all production operatives.
- Reduce non-engineering lost time by controlling the manufacturing process.
- Training of all operatives to the required standard for each operation in the process.
- Ensure a safe working environment and safe working practices at all times
- Ensure that food safety, quality and the environment are not compromise
- Ensure all products are produced to customer specification, within agreed cost parameters and company HACCP & BRC systems
- Ensuring a high standard of hygiene and GMP in all areas
- Ensure that all company rules, procedures and policies whether written or unwritten are adhered to.
- Ensure all production staff are adequately trained and developed to meet all business requirements and frequently review.
- Effective communication to the Site Manager of all issues arising during the shift
- Provide day to day guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to Supervisors and Production Operatives to meet site goals and objectives.
- Motivate the team to use their knowledge and skills to achieve the shared goals.
- Day to day management of the production team.
- Deployment and utilisation of resource on the shift to meet the production plan and daily priorities.
- Fully support all safety and food safety initiatives.
- Ensure effective communication to the production team on all key issues.
- Performance reviews on production operatives
- Attend all management meetings as required, lead handover meetings and daily input at all Redzone forums.
- Control of product weights and wastage through process and management.
- To ensure that all materials are available for each production run prior to the run commencing and sufficient materials available for current scheduled daily plan.
- Ensure line documentation is being correctly recorded for Due Diligence purposes
- Ensure completion of relevant documentation is recorded accurately on Redzone compliance module.
- Utilize Redzone module to highlight efficiencies and losses to improve and drive performances
Key Skills & attributes include:
- Understand the operations of the production line
- Past experience within a supervisory role, preferably in a FMCG environment
- An understanding of company procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of Production line equipment, i.e. set-up / changeovers
- Proficient in IT tools (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Some previous experience and/or knowledge of food safety standards (e.g. BRC), auditing
- and HACCP would be useful
- Excellent communication skills and a strong eye for detail
- Basic Food Hygiene & Level 2 HACCP
- Be professional reliable, confident & responsible
- Organised & flexible
- Good communication skills
- Capable of multi-tasking
- Able to work independently & in a team
Please apply for this role with your CV. If you have any questions, please contact Helen Berry on 07870 607723.