Returnable Packaging Administrator
I am currently recruiting for my client who is based in Chester. There is the need for someone to join the logistics team on a 6-month fixed term basis. Ideally you will have 2 years’ experience in a similar role and be able to start a new role readily. The position will be mostly home based however there will be some office work too, especially around the time of onboarding and training.
Main purpose of role
The successful candidate will be the administer of returnable packaging controls, monitors stocks, organises replenishment. Liaises with customers, third party logistics, internal departments to ensure optimum returnable packaging stocks with greatest efficiency.
- To efficiently monitor customer packaging balances by ensuring despatch and return data is accurately recorded in such a way as to enable easy tracking and identification of issues.
- To monitor, check and challenge packaging return data received from third party providers
- To ensure packaging balances continuously meets minimum 4 day forecasts for demand from various sites
- To liaise with third party contractors over customer collections, ensuring minimum collection days lapsed and maximum outstanding quantities are maintained
- To liaise with customers to ensure they are well informed and aware of companies returnable packaging requirements and that they are returning packaging in line with expectations
- To highlight any issues with non-return of packaging
- Escalation of issues to Account managers and Logistics Manager
- Seek cooperation from our customers to improve the rate of return of our packaging by understanding their issues and agreeing workable solutions.
- Co-ordinate return and replenishment of returnable packaging resources with the suppliers to ensure optimum stock levels according to customer demands
- Provide weekly report to business of KPI’s associated with returnable packaging
ADHERENCE TO POLICIES:
All Operators and Administrators must be aware of and adhere to the following company policies at all times, which are on display around site and available to view on Share Point Intranet:
- Health & Safety Policy
- Environmental Policy
- Quality Policy
- Energy Policy
Relevant training in the above Policies will be delivered to respective employees.
Operators and Administrators must ensure they undertake any mandatory training, along with any repeat or refresher that may be required
If you feel you have the necessary skills please apply to be considered for the shortlist. This position will be a fixed term contract for 6 months and may be extended or made permanent in line with company needs.
Location – Salary
Type – Fixed term contract
Salary – £21,000 – £26,000 DOE